Sunday, April 26, 2009

What are good shoes for kung fu training?

I%26#039;ve just recently started taking kung fu lessons 3 times a week. And I need to know what kind of shoes are good for this type of thing. I need something flexible, light weight, durable, preferabley flat soul, nothing too expensive or flashy, good grip(good enough to keep my balance on fast one foot motions but not enough that I can%26#039;t turn fast on the ball of my foot) and most importantly comfortable. Any ideas?|||Kung fu shoes are great for wing chun and such. But if your style involves more pivoting and movement or acrobatic techniques, then these shoes will fly of your feet like a greased pig with wings. Feiyue shoes are the best overall shoes for indoor kung fu training: light, cheap, great traction, and stay on your feet. These are the choice brand for most martial arts schools in China. In fact they are the same brand that the Shaolin monks use. If however you are going to do any training outside on concrete and such, then I would recommend something more durable like Adidas Samba indoor soccer shoes. This are made of strong leather and the soles hold up longer on rough concrete.





You can find them on http://www.martialartsmart.net





Hope this helped, good luck.|||I agree %26quot;Gong Fu%26quot; shoes.





The cheap ones with cotton or synthetic souls go for about $6 at my local martial arts supply store. The thing is... they come in a foreign size scale (I wear size 44.)





They also have more expensive ones, mine are called %26quot;Turf%26quot; by Adidas.|||Kung Fu Shoes!





http://www.karatesupply.com/Cotton-Sole-...





http://www.karatesupply.com/Kung-Fu-Shoe...





:)|||Chuck Taylor Converse hi-tops. (the classics) They actually work very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment