Friday, November 18, 2011

Is there a northern dragon kung fu style?

I know the Lung Ying system is from southern China, but is there a northern dragon kung fu system?|||i have found nothing about it, so i would say no.|||I am sure there is. Many years ago, I studied a Korean Style of Shaolin Kung Fu, a five-animal style called Shipagi. One of the animals was the dragon. My friend was the teacher, and unfortunately I have long since lost contact with him. I later learned from a Hung Gar teacher (Master Wu, in Northampton, MA) that the style did originate in northern China. I wish I could tell you more. But don%26#039;t give up. It has to be out there somewhere.





Good Luck and Peace.


VT|||No but there is a Harvey Moy%26#039;s Ninjutsu nearby.|||No, not a dragon style.


There are dragon forms.


I study Mi Zhong Lohan(Lost Track Buddha Palm) under Grand Master Johnny Lee here in Dallas. I learned a dragon form. 168 postures long, 5th degree form. Its called %26quot;Plum Flower coiling dragon double sabre%26quot;


Now, if this is really dragon style, outwardly it would be hard to see, but when you are spinning and when you are slicing you always bring the broadsword to the inside so that way you have continuous attack and no holes or openings. Like the tazmanian devil. So, it has a dragon coiling action, but outward posture wise? eehhhh... the spin moving is the most dragon like thing.


I have seen some other forms with %26quot;dragon%26quot; attached to them, I wouldnt call them an entire style though. There is NO complete dragon style in the Northern System. How many other dragon forms Grandmaster knows... who knows... Im not privy to that. I know there are more though... If there is, its like Norther Eagle claw or seven star mantis, butchered Lohan style kung fu.


They have the same forms as Lohan, but they have been shortened from the Maximum possible extension that allows for training in all attack methods. Its funny, Lohan people know pretty much all of those other styles if they enlighten themselves enough. They were invented from the other.


I havnt seen one, or been told about a complete system, if it existed, its an offshoot of Lohan.


There are forms that are named %26quot;dragon something%26quot;


... thats all I am aware of...


im hoping to learn more.|||I HAVE NO LIVING IDEA, BUT WHY FIGURE OUT THE ORIGINS OF OTHER MARTIAL ARTS STYLES WHEN IT IS OBVIOUS THAT MINE IS THE BEST.

No comments:

Post a Comment