Friday, November 18, 2011

What is the right age to start Kung-Fu training?

I%26#039;m 17, and I%26#039;m very interested in taking up a martial arts discipline such as Kung-Fu, but I worry that I%26#039;m too old to start, considering I probably won%26#039;t be able to do it until I%26#039;m 18 and have my own money to spend on it... I was just wondering if it is as easy to find classes for adults as it is for children? Sorry if this is a dumb question, but thanks for your help...|||Its even easier when your an adult to get real training from a credible facility. This is because most real facilities require you to be 18 or older to even be considered. The places that take anyone are just trying to make a buck. Look for a place that has strict admissions, where you will have to interview to be considered as a student (I would recommend wing chun discipline). You will find the best training there. Not a dumb question at all friend.|||Too old? No way too old, man! I%26#039;ve known cats that started in their late 20%26#039;s. Your age is a pretty good one to start because you%26#039;ll be allowed to learn the scarier more effective techniques that aren%26#039;t taught to minors. In the style I studied, you can%26#039;t have a black belt until you%26#039;re 18. With kids, we teach predominantly forms, weapon forms, and minor takedown and self defense techniques. Good luck, bruddah.|||You are at a perfect age, but if you train in a kung fu system it may take longer to learn than TKD, and other non Chinese systems. %26quot;Soft%26quot; systems like Ba-Gua,Tai Chi take even longer to learn but they will be well worth it. Just be patient.|||alright you can never really be %26quot;too%26quot; old to learn kung fu i have been training martial arts all of my life i can tell you a great school in richardson if u live in that area but back to the subject u can learn martial arts at any age so go for it dude!!!!!!!|||For the internal martial arts, one should be AT LEAST at the age of cognizance.


.|||No time but the present will do...of course youthful vigor and flexibility doesn%26#039;t make up for age old trickery...This is a quote from one of my teachers. He didn%26#039;t start until he was in the military at 18. He passed away 2 years ago at 83. It matters only at how long you stay on the trail...getting there though is half the battle...good luck...





Sensei Strickler|||This is not a dumb question dude.





I started training in Wing Chun when I was 22. Often I would reflect and think to myself that I wished that I had started earlier but then I realised that in order for me to get to the place that I needed to be in to be a dedicated Wing Chun practioner I had to wait until then, if I had discovered it even 6 months before I did then I don%26#039;t believe I would still be doing it today due to my priorities at the time.





Also beare this in mind...





If it is going to take you a week to get somewhere and you start today then next week you will be where you wanted to be today. But if you put it off for a week because it seems to far away then next week you will still be a week away from your destination.|||now|||The earlier the better. Remember if you start kung fu at age 17 then other 17 year olds who started at age 6 will have 11 years of experience over you.|||Actually you are at a perfect age to begin training. your body is still in the developmental stage. You will gain much balance and coordination as well as strength. It will be something that you will not regret. But definitely take it seriously and try your best to continue the program in which you get involved in. Try to join classes with those that are around the same age or older than you!|||17 is a perfect age to start training, your body is almost grown so tendons will develop and build your kung fu structure by the time your 21. You will benifit greatly as your body will be moulded to what you are trying to acheive, the perfect body mechanics for kung fu. I feel there is you can never be to old to train, aslong as you are willing to that is all that should matter. Have you thought of what style to persue. If you have not already decide do a web search for these classes in your area!


chow gar, pak hok, lung ying, bak mei and hung gar.


Good luck|||Well i have begining with 8 year old, now i have 14 i trainning karate on mondeys and frideys.


So i think u are ready.





good luck!|||The only dumb question is the question not asked. Teenage years are still very young! The earlier you get into martial arts the better but still. You know David Carradine from the two Kung -Fu shows? He didn%26#039;t start doing Kung Fu until the middle or end of the show. While filming he just learned what he had to and then he loved it so much he started taking classes and now he%26#039;s been doing it for around 30 years! It%26#039;s never too late to start! Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment