Monday, November 16, 2009

Brushing your nose with your thumb in kung fu movie?

In kung fu movies, there%26#039;s somebody who uses his thumb and brushes his nose before fighting, or in between pauses during fights. Kinda like uses his thumb flicks the tip of his nose. I think it was Bruce Lee but I%26#039;m not sure.





Someone who imitates it would be Jann Lee from the game Dead or Alive 3 during the CGI ending. I know Jann Lee is a rip-off of Bruce Lee, so I%26#039;m thinking it may be Bruce.|||Yes its Bruce Lee. Bruce always did it in a very cocky manner.Nice name by the way!|||Definitely Bruce Lee, it was his %26quot;shout-out%26quot; to boxing. Look at his shuffle style, you can%26#039;t tell me his time hanging out with Ali didn%26#039;t affect that. Bruce took from a lot of different styles, so he gave respect to those styles in subtle ways.





If you go back and watch old boxing tapes you%26#039;ll see it was actually very common. I don%26#039;t know why. Maybe a mental trick to keep you guard up.|||I%26#039;m pretty sure it was Bruce. It means %26quot;You%26#039;re kung-fu is no good!%26quot;

1 comment:

  1. I know this is old . . . but the 'rule of thumb' comes from boxing, where if you can touch your nose and the middle of your cheek with your thumb, your guard is high enough to protect your head and face.

    Bruce Lee seems to have used it as a cocky acknowledgement or taunt, and since then, it seems to show up now and then as a mannerism in fighters, like a nod or acknowledgement.

    ReplyDelete