Saturday, May 15, 2010

How do you build fingertip stregth for southern mantis kung fu or spearhand techniques?

It%26#039;d kinda help if I could get answers that enabled me to do it with equipment, or like, a phonebook or whaever, since I can%26#039;t find a sifu ANYWHERE!|||I believe this video answers your question.


Haha... anyway, just for fun


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFySwF7VS...





Edit:





The guy below me is right, u know.


I have a sifu and he%26#039;s the best thing ever walked my way in my life.


Even the guy in the video has a sifu.|||It is great that everyone is trying to give you ways to strengthen your fingers. However I%26#039;m a bit concerned here. you stated that you don%26#039;t have a sifu, yet you are concerned about strengthening your fingers, Why? You need to find an instructor and follow his training. I think you have your horse in front of your wagon. You remind me of a student that wanted to learn the Iron Palm technique. He could barely throw a punch, and had almost no defense. I explained to him that until he could defend himself that developing an iron palm would be of no use to him.


It would be kind of like putting a racing engine in a car that had no transmission. you might have a lot of power, but you still can%26#039;t go anywhere.


Find a knowledgeable instructor and develop good martial arts skills. Then with your instructors approval / guidance then worry about strengthening your hands.|||Fingertip pushups are a good start. Also, once your technique starts to improve, try this.





Take a 1 gallon bucket and fill it with sand. Practice any of your finger striking techniques. With your eventual goal of hitting the bottom of the bucket each time.





There are lots of different ways to build up fingertip strength. I would recommend looking up iron palm techniques. All of this is hand conditioning and can apply to finger tips as well.





Make sure you let your hands rest ang give them time to heal inbetween sessions.|||What is your location?





Southern Mantis is a difficult art to find, since there are only 6 or 7 practitioners and they are older now. The one I know, Louie Jackman, is retired. Stubborn old man, but nice.





The power of the Hakka arts come from Sanjan forms and hands are developed through post striking, using herbal liniments.





I study Yong Chun White Crane. The Hakka arts are pretty much related. Look for my style or Pak Mei, Chow Gar, Chu Gar, Five Ancestor Fist.





These arts use alot of the same elements of Southern Mantis.

No comments:

Post a Comment