Friday, May 21, 2010

Is lifting weights bad for Shaolin Kung Fu?

I%26#039;m not looking to get bigger or stronger (I rely on my own body weight for that). I just want to get faster. Would lifting light weights and high reps work?|||Yes, I suppose, but, I would suggest plyometrics to improve your speed and explosiveness more, which I%26#039;m sure Shaolinquan emphasizes, the dynamicism utilized by Shaolin doesn%26#039;t really require so much strength and muscle as it does technique, conviction, and application. Weight lifting is a lengthy and iffy thing, while plyometrics adapts well into your everyday workout and has many of the same speed benefits. start out with just incorporating it into running, suddenly bursting hard and quick then allowing time to relax by going slowly, push ups, clap, obvious what you do here, and jumping squats, again, obvious. These workouts are easily some of the best for martial arts that don%26#039;t have muscle mass and strength as the paramount achievement.|||Improving overall fitness will improve speed. Certain types of strength can make you faster too. Do exercises for fast twitch muscle fibers more than for slow twitch ones. You should take more mathematics. Momentum (as of punches) is a product of mass and velocity. If you are the fastest man alive, but you%26#039;re skinny, your punches will have no power. My boyfriend weighs 255 lbs., and he can punch very hard. He hardly feels punches average sized men give him.|||Bruce Lee trained with barbells and gained much muscle mass... for him. Why not become bigger and stronger? I have competed in powerlifting and weightlifting as well as martial arts, boxing and sumo wrestling. There is much nonsense about barbell training, and I suggest that you think it over carefully before you believe %26quot;kuso%26quot; and %26quot;ngao si%26quot; that is just plainly wrong.|||yes, that would help. I don%26#039;t think it would help your speed, that is best done by sparring and getting good technique. but it would certainly help your muscular endurance, which is helpful because it allows you to go on longer. so weight lifting would be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment