Saturday, May 15, 2010

How should I warm up for my kung fu tournament?

Im not sure what to do to get myself to the point where my form is the strongest.





I always do a short run (usualy 15 minutes) and stretch for about 45 minutes , I dont know if anyone has tried this but it increases the hell out of your agility. Now after I do that is where Im kinda not sure what to do. I think I should do a little strength training to get my muscles reved up and go through my forms a couple times. Im not sparring as I have an injury that I dont want to make worse. But my issue is I dont know if I should strength train or not as I am worried that I%26#039;ll end up wairing myself out before the tournament. Also how much time is it ok to let pass between your warm-up and the time you actualy get there? I kinda want some outside perspective as I have alot riding on this tournament.|||i think you should get there really early to your tourney.





this way you can warm up a warm up consists of only 5 minutes to get your cardiovascular circulation (heart rate up)





but i would stretch first then warm up, do a short 5 minute run may be do some light weight lifting very little weight a lot of reps to loosen you up, if you do not have some dumbells you can take with you do some push ups changeing your hand position , normal position, then hands tclose together, the really far apart this way you are shocking you upper body maximazing the warm up, do not over exet your self or you will be tired when it is time to kik butt. then stretch again


just keep your heart rate up like the boxers do befor a fight.





you notice they climb in the ring all seaty? this is so they doi not pull ar cause an injury





good luck and kik some a_ _





watch some bruce lee he is an will always be # 1 on any martial arts stage





god bless|||Me I would stretch, then meditate, then do some internal exercises. You also gota train your mind, it is not just the physical aspect, that is the trouble with alot of fighters|||If you can%26#039;t already answer that question for yourself you have no business being in a tournament!


.|||How the hell can you participate in a tournament if you can%26#039;t spar?





What is this a crochet tournament?





Is it that you just can%26#039;t spar NOW?





are you even clear medically to fight if you can%26#039;t spar now?





If you can%26#039;t adequately prepare then as much as you don%26#039;t want to hear this you don%26#039;t want to pull a mike tyson and not train for it when everyone else has (assuming it is not a crochet tourney).

No comments:

Post a Comment